General Directorate of Traffic
It adopts a comprehensive strategy with the basic aim of achieving traffic safety to protect lives and property and ensure smooth traffic flow. This is achieved through law enforcement campaigns, ...
For your safety and other's safetyCaricature Archives >>
29 arrested for violating residency rules
The Nationality, Passport and Residence Affairs (NPRA) has announced the arrest of 29 Asians for violating residency rules and working as hawkers without licences. They were arrested through the Search and Follow-up Directorate in cooperation with the Labour Market Regulatory Authority and the Capital Governorate.
The Undersecretary of Ports, Search & Follow-up said on Tuesday that the campaign was part of the directives of His Excellency the Interior Minister and follow up by the Interior Ministry Undersecretary for the NPRA to check the number of illegal workers and arrest violators of residency rules.
He said that legal action has been taken against the violators and those involved with them. He also appreciated the efforts which had contributed to the success of the campaign and said the directorate would continue to conduct similar campaigns against illegal workers.
- Arrest of Asian Physician for illegal abortions
- HE Interior Minister receives delegation from the French-Bahrain Friendship Society
- HE Interior Minister received Shaikh Abdullah bin Rashid Al Khalifa
- Muharraq police discuss issue of illegal workers
- Tough competition in tennis tourney
- Civil Defence School holds safety course for BIC staff
- RAP holds two training courses
- Al Amn radio show to focus on handling dangerous substances
- HE Interior Minister praises GCC e-Government initiatives
- Civil Defence puts out fire in 2 Mina Salman warehouses