General Directorate of Traffic
It adopts a comprehensive strategy with the basic aim of achieving traffic safety to protect lives and property and ensure smooth traffic flow. This is achieved through law enforcement campaigns, bes...
For your safety and other's safetyCaricature Archives >>
29 arrested for violating residency rules
The Nationality, Passport and Residence Affairs (NPRA) has announced the arrest of 29 Asians for violating residency rules and working as hawkers without licences. They were arrested through the Search and Follow-up Directorate in cooperation with the Labour Market Regulatory Authority and the Capital Governorate.
The Undersecretary of Ports, Search & Follow-up said on Tuesday that the campaign was part of the directives of His Excellency the Interior Minister and follow up by the Interior Ministry Undersecretary for the NPRA to check the number of illegal workers and arrest violators of residency rules.
He said that legal action has been taken against the violators and those involved with them. He also appreciated the efforts which had contributed to the success of the campaign and said the directorate would continue to conduct similar campaigns against illegal workers.
- HE Interior Minister praises strong Tunisia ties
- NPRA asks Bahrainis with dual nationality to regularise status
- Coast Guard Commander opens 10th vessel captains course
- Awareness campaigns promote traffic safety
- Asian arrested with drugs worth BD236,000
- Drive for motorcyclists’ safety to continue till Feb.-end
- NPRA hosts ‘Protect Your Heart’ awareness campaign
- Coast Guard Commander receives CTF 150 Commander
- HE Interior Minister stresses constant efforts for traffic safety
- 2 European exchange robbers arrested within 48 hours