The Royal Academy of Police Message
The Academy believes in efficiency and professionalism in performance and in developing police, law, social and other human sciences within the framework of the values and principles derived form Isl...
For your safety and other's safetyCaricature Archives >>
Taliban video shows US and Australian hostages
The Taliban have released video of an Australian and an American who they kidnapped in Afghanistan last year.
American Kevin King and Australian Timothy Weekes were professors at the American University of Afghanistan in Kabul.
They were abducted in August from their vehicle outside the university by gunmen in security forces uniforms.
Later that month US forces in Afghanistan failed in an attempt to rescue the men, the Pentagon said.
In the video, which purports to have been shot on 1 January and was posted online, the men say they have been kept "in good condition".
But they appeal to US President-elect Donald Trump to offer a prisoner swap for their release, saying they will be killed if he does not negotiate.
The US State Department declined to comment on the video or confirm its authenticity, other than to "condemn" hostage-taking.
Australia's foreign ministry said the "Australian government has been working closely with other governments to secure the release of an Australian man kidnapped in Afghanistan in August 2016," but declined to comment further "in the interests of his own safety and well-being".
- North Korea Says Ready To Bring Down Donald Trump's 'Armada'
- 6-Year-Old Stuck 30 Feet Deep In Karnataka Borewell, Rescue Operations On
- Pakistani Man Eats Leaves For 25 Years, Never Falls Ill: Report
- Surgeon General Is Removed By Trump Administration, Replaced By Deputy For Now
- Britain's Queen Elizabeth Celebrates 91st Birthday
- 20 Children Killed In South Africa Bus Crash: Emergency Services
- US Forces Kill ISIS Leader Blamed For Turkey Nightclub Attack
- France prepares to vote for new president amid high security
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- Taliban attack Afghan base; more than 100 dead or wounded