General Directorate of Traffic
It adopts a comprehensive strategy with the basic aim of achieving traffic safety to protect lives and property and ensure smooth traffic flow. This is achieved through law enforcement campaigns, bes...
For your safety and other's safetyCaricature Archives >>
IranAir takes delivery of first Airbus jet post-sanctions
The head of IranAir took delivery on Wednesday of the first new Western jet under an international sanctions deal, calling it a “sunny day” for peace and friendship between Iran and Europe and a memorable one for aviation in the nation of 80 million people.
IranAir Chairman Farhad Parvaresh invited the plane making chief of Airbus to fly on board the new A321, which has been painted in IranAir's livery, to Tehran where the airline plans to mark its arrival in its fleet with a ceremony on Thursday.
The 189-seat plane is the first of 100 ordered from Airbus following a deal reached in 2015 between Tehran and world powers to lift nuclear-related sanctions against Iran, in return for restrictions on the country's nuclear activities.
The airline has also ordered 80 aircraft from Boeing and is expected to seal an order for 20 turboprops from Europe's ATR.
- Pakistan Hands Over Soldier Chandu Babulal Chauhan Who Had Inadvertently Crossed Line of Control Last Year
- Trump Wages War Against The Media As Demonstrators Protest His Presidency
- Police, ruling party hit by attacks in Istanbul
- Blast in camp for displaced Syrians kills seven
- Turkish parliament approves presidential system, seen strengthening Erdogan
- Australia: 4 dead as car deliberately plows into crowd in Melbourne
- 'El Chapo' Guzman pleads not guilty in US to 17 counts
- Explosion in Pakistan market kills at least 20 people
- The policemen who dressed as women to hide from IS
- Donald Trump protests attract millions across US and world