General Directorate of Traffic
It adopts a comprehensive strategy with the basic aim of achieving traffic safety to protect lives and property and ensure smooth traffic flow. This is achieved through law enforcement campaigns, ...
For your safety and other's safetyCaricature Archives >>
IranAir takes delivery of first Airbus jet post-sanctions
The head of IranAir took delivery on Wednesday of the first new Western jet under an international sanctions deal, calling it a “sunny day” for peace and friendship between Iran and Europe and a memorable one for aviation in the nation of 80 million people.
IranAir Chairman Farhad Parvaresh invited the plane making chief of Airbus to fly on board the new A321, which has been painted in IranAir's livery, to Tehran where the airline plans to mark its arrival in its fleet with a ceremony on Thursday.
The 189-seat plane is the first of 100 ordered from Airbus following a deal reached in 2015 between Tehran and world powers to lift nuclear-related sanctions against Iran, in return for restrictions on the country's nuclear activities.
The airline has also ordered 80 aircraft from Boeing and is expected to seal an order for 20 turboprops from Europe's ATR.
- Man Caught With 1,000 Diamonds In Shoes
- UNICEF Decries Sale Of Breast Milk To US Mothers
- Blasts Rocks Migrant Camps In Northeastern Nigeria, Kills 4 And Injures 18
- Scotland Yard Accused Of Using Indian Hackers For Spying
- Overloaded South Korean Ferry Sunken 3 Years Ago Emerges In Grey Sea
- Mother suffered 'forgotten baby syndrome', death inquest told
- US joins first air assault 'behind enemy lines' against ISIS in Syria
- London attack: Assailant shot dead after 4 killed near Parliament
- Drunk pilot faces prison sentence after pleading guilty
- Pakistan reinstates secret military courts despite criticism